Quick Exit

How to report abuse and neglect

Reporting abuse

If you’re worried that you or a vulnerable adult is being abused, exploited or neglected – or is at risk of this happening, you have a responsibility to report it.

It might be something someone has told you, something you heard or saw, or just something that makes you feel uncomfortable about how you or someone else is being treated or looked after.

Contact our Adult Social Care First Response Team on 01925 443322

Outside of office hours ring us on 01925 444400

If you think a crime has been committed, ring the police on 101

If you believe that you or the adult at risk is at immediate risk of harm, call 999

What information will I need to provide?

When you ring us, we’ll ask you:

  • for details of the person you’re worried about, like their/your name and where they/you live
  • what you’ve been told, heard, seen or think might be happening
  • your name

Everything you tell us is confidential, including your name.

What happens next?

  • You will be listened to and your concerns taken seriously.
  • The appropriate agencies will investigate the concerns.
  • We will treat you or the person affected with dignity and respect.
  • We will work together and with the person to find out what they want and to help protect them.
  • We will pursue actions to prevent future abuse.
  • We will update the organisation/professional raising the concern to inform them of the next steps (decision for a section 42 or other enquiry/action).